Teams will have a roster fee instead of a charge for passes. When you can register on Got Soccer is changed
2012-2013 Procedures for getting NJYS Passes and Roster Registration on Got Soccer through League Affiliation
NJYS continues to update their process and 2012-2013 has some changes in the rostering process.
Teams are not charged for player passes by NJYS. Teams will be charged a team fee that shall be collected by the leagues when registering teams. The team fee will be the same charge as previously charged for pass packets, but will now be a team rostering charge. All NJ teams looking to register with NJYS and obtain passes, will be charged a team fee. However, there will be no separate pass fee or charge.
Teams shall upload player pictures and the pictures will print on the player passes
Player and coach signatures are no longer required on the passes
How does this affect teams?
· When you register for the fall season, you will be charged the team roster fee by the primary league.
· When you register on GOT SOCCER, you will NOT BE APPROVED by the primary league unless you have paid the team roster fee.
· You will obtain your passes from your primary league.
NJ teams will no longer be able to register for CJYSA as your primary league and indicate you are getting your passes elsewhere. If you are playing in our league, you will be charged a NJYS roster fee. Again, this applies ONLY to NJ teams.
When will passes be sent:
Passes will be sent out beginning the last week of July, first week of August to teams already registered. If you register after that date, you will receive passes shortly after registering. For U15-U19 teams, they will be sent in groups each month, so if you just miss the one mailing, you will get your passes in the next batch.
Registering your roster through the league on GOT SOCCER to print roster & passes
NJYS has instituted “The Quiet Period” which is a period of time when there should little or no activity on the GotSoccer system. During the period, the system will be updated for the 2012-2013 seasonal year.
When is QUIET PERIOD: August 1 - August 5
What Happens during the Quiet Period
Every Player’s U-Age will be incremented. That is, U12 players in the 2011-2012 seasonal year will become U13 players for the 2012-2013 year.
· All 2011-2012 NJYS Rosters will be stored for NJYS and removed from the team accounts.
· All team numbers will be erased, team number methodology updated. Team numbers will begin as NJ13 for the upcoming year.
· All player numbers will be erased on the Player List, player number methodology will be updated
All 2011-2012 NJYS registration events will be closed
2012-2012 registration events will be created by NJYS after the end of the quiet period.
Non-volunteer registration program for 2012-2013 will be activated
What Teams/Clubs can and can’t do during Quiet Period
· Teams/Clubs can update/change Player List by adding or deleting players. However, teams need to make sure the correct U-age of the player is entered.
· Clubs should not enter new teams during the Quiet Period. Enter new teams either before the Quiet Period or after.
· Teams cannot enter a registration event
· Teams cannot freeze player list, create roster or print player passes
What happens after the Quiet Period
· Teams/Clubs will be able to continue to update/change Player List by adding or deleting players.
· Teams will be able to enter a league registration event and be accepted into that event, a necessary step to be able to print rosters and player passes.
· A team should verify that its player list is complete and accurate before trying to freeze its roster. A team should not use the add player button before the roster has been frozen as this will immediately freeze your roster.
NJYS will conduct training sessions as the leagues request them. The material from the training sessions will also be available on the NJYS website: www.njyouthsoccer.com
NJYS District Commissioners will not validate 2012-2013 rosters and player passes until after the Quiet Period-August 5th
Register for NJYS State Cup - where to get application and where to register
Go to: www.njyouthsoccer.com - NJYS Cups - for complete NJYS state cup & National Cup Championship Series information