This BYLAW change was approved by the NJYSA Board of Directors at the June 2013 AGM – TRANSFER PENALTY IS DECISION OF THE RECEIVING LEAGUE. CJYSA WILL IMPOSE NO TRANSFER PENALTY
BY Law XVIII Player Transfer, Release and Roster Limits:
D. A player who is transferring to or from a travel team must make application to NJSYSA using the appropriate form. If the player is already a travel player, the old USYSA player pass shall accompany the application. The application shall be submitted to the appropriate District Commissioner who shall process the roster change and issue a new USYSA player pass. A transferring player shall:
a. obtain the signature of an authorized official of the player’s current team or club on the specified document
b. If any player obtains a release to play for a different team during the seasonal year, any penalty for transfer will be made by the receiving league.
that player shall not be eligible to play in the next three (3) travel league games following the rostering to a new team in a different club. T he exceptions to this subsection are:
1. A player who moves to a new team within the same club
2. A player who changes his or her official residence by a distance of 35 or more miles as computed by a NJYS approved mapping service. A player who claims an exception because of moving must provide satisfactory proof of both the old and the new address. This transfer must be processed by the NJYS office.
3. A U10 or younger player playing on a small sided team.
4. An exception granted by the Board of Directors of the League in which the player was originally rostered and:
desires to transfer between seasons and
- between clubs within the League and
- because there is no other age appropriate team within the player’s current club to continue playing.
5. All other provisions of player movement in these bylaws must be met Revised 5/2008
6. An exception granted by the Board of Directors of the League in which the player is rostered. This exception may be granted by the League Board of Directors only in cases where a player or player’s parent submits a written complaint to the league against a coach, trainer, team or club involving the physical and/or mental well-being of the player. The League Board of Directors shall review the complaint and determine the validity of the charges or assertions. The League Board of Directors may rule accordingly on the request to transfer without penalty to another club within the league. The League Board of Directors may dismiss the complaint without action.
All other provisions of player movement in these bylaws must be met. Revised 5/2008